To obtain a copy of marriage certificate:
- Completed and signed general search form for marriage certificate.
- A Money Order or Cashiers Check of $50.00 Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya.
Note: Incomplete applications will be returned.
Requirements for non-Kenyans wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya.
- Birth certificates.
- Valid passports.
- Decree Absolutes (if divorced).
- Death certificate (if widowed).
- Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a Solicitor’s/Notary Public’s office, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry. This should bear the solicitor’s signature and official stamp.
- Parental consent in form of legal document for persons below twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residency in the country for twenty-one days. If this is not possible, a Special License could be obtained beforehand by contacting the Registrar’s Office in Kenya.
The contact address for the Registrar’s Offices in Nairobi is:
The Registrar of Marriages, Department of the
PO Box 30031
Tel: 00254 2 227461
Fax: 00254 2 215651
FORMS (Click on the link below to download)