Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries do not require visas to enter Kenya. click for details
Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries require visas to enter Kenya. click for details
Nationals of following Countries, Classes and Categories Of Persons shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi for approval. click for details
PRINT, FILL AND MAIL THE APPLICATION FORM ALONG WITH THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW
MAIL PACKAGE TO :
Kenya Consulate in New York
866 UN Plaza Suite 308
New York, NY 10017 U.S.A.
Tel: (212) 421 4744
Fax: (212) 486 1985
EXEMPTION OF VISA FEES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS:
Effective 1st February ,2016 children under 16 years of age accompanying their parent(s) to Kenya will be exempted from paying visa fees.
- Passport (not photocopy ) which is valid for at least six(6) months – To be submitted along with the application form.
- Completed visa application form NY duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary / Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos, 2 inches by 2 inches (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: Money order/Cashier’s Cheque Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya. No cash or personal cheques.
- USD100.00 For East Africa Visa – allow travel between Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda with the same multiple entry visa. The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter the region from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee.
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for FedEx, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail envelopes are not acceptable).
- Visas are usually valid for –
EAST AFRICA – Three months from the issuance date
- No Visa is required for persons on direct transit and will not be leaving the airport.
- Visas are issued within 14 (Fourteen)business days from date of receipt of the application being sent by mail and courier services
- Those traveling to Kenya with their pets must obtain pet permits
- Holders of Kenya visitor/Business/tourist visa cannot engage in any form of employment whether paid or unpaid
- Applicants who intend to conduct temporary business, trade or profession must apply for a special pass from the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi
- Applicants seeking to undertake Internship/placement or academic research should liaise with their host organizations, institutions or companies to make applications for the necessary pass to the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi prior to their engagements.
Download visa application form NY