A. ECONOMIC PILLAR
1. Development of 3 resort cities two at the coast and one in Isiolo.
2. Premium Park Initiative.
3. Under Utilized Parks Initiative.
4. Development of Niche Tourism Products.
5. Enactment of the Consolidated Agricultural Reform Bill.
6. Fertilizer Cost-Reduction Initiative.
7. Setting up of five livestock Disease Free Zones in the ASAL regions.
8. Land registry.
9. Land use master plan.
10. ASAL Development Projects.
11. Development of Special Economic Zones in all the eight regions.
12. Development of 5 SME parks.
WHOLESALE AND RETAIL SECTOR
13. Build 1 free trade port in Mombasa in order to bring Dubai to Kenya.
14. Create at least 10 hubs and 1000-1500 Producer Business Groups (PBGs)- start with a pilot in Maragua.
15. Build at least 10 Tier 1 marks in all the regions - starting with a pilot in Athi River.
ICT AND BPO SECTOR
16 Establish one major BPO park
17. Issuance of benchmark sovereign bond.
18. Pursue comprehensive remittances strategy
19. Develop and execute comprehensive model for pension reform.
20. Facilitate transformation towards stronger, larger scale banks.
B. POLITICAL PILLAR
GOVERNANCE, SECURITY AND RULE OF LAW
21. Constitutional initiatives.
22. Rule of law (Judicial, Legal reform initiatives and Security and Policing reforms).
23. Transparency and accountability (Develop a national programme on attitudinal change to inculcate a culture of compliance with the efficiency norms).
24. Building a non-partisan professional research centre to enrich Parliamentary law-making.
PUBLIC SERVICE REFORM
25. Establish Kenya School of Government.
C. SOCIAL PILLAR
POPULATION, URBANIZATION AND HOUSING SECTOR
26. To develop an integrated growth and development strategy for six metropolitan regions, Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kakamega, Eldoret, Wajir, Garissa, Mandera, Kitui, Mwingi, Meru.
27. To develop a National Land Use Master Plan.
28. Enact the Housing Bill 2006.
29. Establish secondary mortgage Finance Corporation.
30. Produce 200,000 housing units annually.
31. Install physical and social infrastructure in slums in 20 urban areas.
32. Position the city of Nairobi as a 24 hour and all round globally competitive city in business and tourism.
33. Establish housing technology centers in each constituency to increase access to decent housing.
GENDER, YOUTH VULNERABLE GROUPS
34. Provide Funds to Women Entrepreneurs.
35. Increase women representation at executive level in all branches of the government and the private sector.
36. Sports: International Academy for Sports, Sports Lottery and sports stadias across the country.
37. Music: Establish International Centre for Arts and Culture and Programme to Identify, nature and Develop Music.
38. Expand the Youth Enterprise Development Fund.
39. Establish social protection fund for cash transfer to Orphans and Vulnerable children (OVC), persons with Disabilities (PWD) and elderly.
40. Full implementation of Disability Fund.
LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT SECTOR
41. Development of Human Resource Database.
42. Productivity improvement, measurement and promotion.
43. Strategic management and coordination.
44. Transformation of National Social Secuty Fund (NSSF).
45. Develop and implement Diaspora policy.
46. Strengthen linkages between industry and institutions.
47. Identification of talents in education sector.
48. Retrain and redirect excess Human Resource
EDUCATION AND TRAINING SECTOR
49. Build at least one boarding school in each constituency in the pastoral regions.
50. Build and fully equip 560 new secondary schools.
51. Implement a computer supply programme.
52. Roll out a voucher system in five poorest districts.
53. Create centers of Excellence for key Vision 2030 sectors.
54. Undertake a teachers recruitment programme.
EQUITY AND POVERTY ELIMINATION
55. Develop an integrated national strategy to promote good governance and effectiveness of devolved funds.
56. Improve data collection to map out the spread of the poor throughout the country and to create profiles of the poor and their pressing needs.
57. Formulate targeted programmes and projects in light of the data profiles established.
58. Establishment of forensic laboratory.
59. Installation of surveillance cameras in Nairobi, Nakuru and Kisumu.
60. Construction of six new prisions in Mwingi, Nyamira, Kwale, Rachuonyo, Vihiga and Kaloleni.
61. Establishment of a National Security Database
62. Revitalize and integrate Community Health Centers to promote preventive health care.
63. De-link the ministry of Health from service delivery to allow independent operation of tiers 4, 5 and 6 (District, Provincial and National hospitals).
64. Create a mandatory National Health Insurance Scheme (with contribution from employers and employees).
65. Channel Health funds directly to health care centers (i.e. to hospitals and CHCs).
66. Scale up Output Based Approach (OBA) system.
C. ENABLERS & MACRO
ENVIRONMENT, WATER AND SANITATION
67. Tana and lake Victoria catchment initiatives.
68. Rehabilitate 600 hydro meteorological stations.
69. Develop two multi purpose water conservation structures along Nzoia and Nyando rivers.
70. Develop 24 medium sized multi-purpose dams.
71. Rehabilitate and augment Mzima pipeline.
72. Implement Tana Delta initiatives.
73. Expedite rehabilitation of the Bura irrigation scheme.
74. Implement sewage initiative.
75. Water catchment management.
76. Secure wildlife corridors and migratory routes.
77. Relocating of Dandora dumping site.
78. Land cover and land use mapping.
79. Dredging and deepening of Mombasa port.
80. Rehabilitation and expansion of Kisumu Airport.
81. Nairobi Metropolitan region bus transit system.
82. Development of light rail for Nairobi and suburbs.
83. Development of new transport corridors.
84. Weather modification programme and Meteorological systems modernisation programme.
85. Construction industry development policy.
86. Public utility management system.
87. Rural electrification programmes.
88. Solar Electricity Generators to 74 public institutions.
89. Energy access scale-up programme.
90. Booster pump station for Nairobi – Mombasa pipeline.
91. Parallel pipeline from Nairobi to Eldoret.
92. Extension of 352km oil pipeline from Eldoret to Kampala.
93. Construction of LPG handling facility in Mombasa and Nairobi.
94. Appraisal drilling project to ascertain quality and viability of coal deposit in Mui Basin of Kitui and Mwingi.
95. Appraisal drilling at Olkaria and Wind power generation.
96. Co-generation of power in processing of sugar.
97. Implementation of 330KV transmission line project between Arusha and Nairobi.
For more information please visit : http://www.vision2030.go.ke/