General Search Form for Marriage Certificate
To obtain a copy of marriage certificates a search form must be completed and returned to the Kenya Embassy in Washington D.C. together with a fee of US $50 Money order or cashiers check Payable to EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA
Requirements for non-Kenyans wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya.
Non-Kenyan parties wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya are required to produce the following documents:
- Birth certificates
- Valid passports
- Decree Absolutes (if divorced)
- Death certificate (if widowed)
- Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a Solicitor's/Notary Public's office, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry. This should bear the solicitor's signature and official stamp.
- Parental consent in form of legal document for persons below twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residency in the country for twenty-one days. If this is not possible, a Special License could be obtained beforehand by contacting the Registrar's Office in Kenya.
The contact address for the Registrar's Offices in Nairobi is:
The Registrar of Marriages, Department of the
PO Box 30031
Tel: 00254 2 227461
Fax: 00254 2 215651